Note: The following code is no longer maintained. Use only if you know what you’re doing, and you should probably only use the code to see how simple plugin compatibility can be attained in Thesis. This add-on was made for Thesis 1.x.x; don’t expect it to do anything for Thesis 2.x.x.
In my quest to help Thesis users out as much as possible, I have put together an add-on to the Thesis framework which I hope to continually update to provide sweet compatibility improvements for plenty of WordPress themes.
I’m doing this to make using plugins and Thesis together as simple as possible, especially for the non-coder.
Current Version: 1.0
- Download the Thesis Compatibility Suite.
- Extract the
supported/folder from the archive.
thesis/custom/folder. When you view the
thesis/custom/folder on your server, you should then have the following folders and files (plus any others you may have added):
- Add this line to the very top of your
It is important that the line is at the top in order to keep up validity (
@statements must appear before any other code in stylesheets) and to allow you to override any of the styles via the rest of your
- Add this line to the top of your
custom_functions.phpfile on its own line, just after the opening
Requests are no longer being taken as the Thesis Compatibility Suite is no longer being maintained.
The following items are accounted for in the Thesis Compatibility Suite; don’t worry if you don’t have any of these installed, as the Compatibility Suite will work regardless!
- Brian’s Latest Comments 1.5.8: Adds a widget w/ options so that you can easily add your latest comments to your sidebar, without mucking around in code.
- OpenID 3.1.2: Places the OpenID box above the comment form’s submit button where it’ll be more noticeable. Also, tweak the styling to blend better with Thesis.
- Popularity Contest 1.3b3: Adds a widget w/ an option to control how many posts to list so that you can easily add your popular posts to your sidebar, without mucking around in code.
- Possibly Related Classroom Projects 0.4: Tweaks the styling to blend better with Thesis.
As a bonus to users of the Thesis Compatibility Suite, the following styles are included just for the fun of it!
- Image captions: Ensures your images & captions look slammin’ in Thesis when using the “Caption” field of WordPress’ media manager.