I am pleased to announce the release of http:BL Lite, a WordPress plugin derived from the http:BL WordPress Plugin.
By installing http:BL Lite, the IP addresses of visitors to your blog will be verified against the Project Honey Pot database. This means that known email harvesters, comment spammers, or otherwise suspicious users are blocked from accessing your WordPress site, preventing them from exploiting or abusing it in any way.
The primary difference between http:BL Lite and the original http:BL WordPress Plugin is that my version does not include the logging feature. I did not feel that it was necessary and preferred the simplicity of the plugin prior to logging being added. After stripping out all of the code pertaining to the logging feature, redesigning the plugin’s option page, and cleaning up various aspects of the code, I decided to release my rendition of the plugin, with all thanks and appreciation going to Jan StÄ™pieÅ„.
- WordPress 2.0 or higher. If it works with an older version, let me know!
- PHP 4.2 or higher. If it works with an older version, let me know!
Installation & Usage
- Download http:BL Lite.
- Decompress the httpBL-Lite directory and its contents to your /wp-contents/plugins directory.
- Upload the directory to your server.
- Enable the plugin.
- Visit the plugin’s options page; it will appear as a sub-page of the plugins area of your administration panel. Configure the options per the details given. You will need an http:BL Access Key. No, I cannot provide this for you.
- After configuring the settings, save them & enjoy!
- Would you care to chip in a few dollars toward my hosting bill?
http:BL Lite is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- 1.0 — 2007/05/07 — Initial release.